The Book That Never Was...

Finishing...something I don't do very well.

I started a model railroad when I was in my early twenties. Never got it along to the point where trains actually ran on the rails.

I have started to write at least a dozen books. Never finished one of them (although it must be pointed out that most of them died of natural causes - that is, they just plain weren't any good...).

I feel like most everything I do that involves any creative expression - even my sermons, these blog posts, and the like - I feel like they're just not quite finished.

Always.

I guess I'm a tweaker. I think that's probably a derrogatory term for some kind of drug abuser or something - but, of course, I don't mean that.

I just need to adjust this and fix that and redo this and...

Things are never quite done.

John Lennon, it was reported in the Beatles Anthology, never considered a song "done" until it was recorded - and then, not always (note the two versions of Revolution, for example, though I think he thought the original was "done" because he really seemed to be beating up the single version).

Heh - not that I'm in league with Lennon, or anything. But I get that kind of attitude. There's always one more re-write, one more tweak, one more change here and there.

And I'm doing it right now. I have a project that is 95% done - and I'm avoiding finishing it by writing about...um...not finishing it...

And so it goes...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye, Farewell

Back from Innovate 2007 Inspired

When (the Trivially) Wrong Is Right...