Monday Update

Monday update

the weekend that was: And what a weekend it was... Lori's mom came over on Thursday, brought a boatload of empty totes we had been storing at the farm. She stayed over and Friday morning we drove over and reserved the U-Haul trucks for the move. Lori's mom left Friday morning, and my mom came down again and we loaded a few more totes full of winter clothes into her car to take them up north. Friday night I had a wedding rehearsal, which went pretty well. Then Saturday was wedding and I preached at 6:00 service - then we watched the Penguin game (and they won!!). Sunday was crazy - Confirmation Sunday, Mother's day brunch, I led all three services on Sunday, plus Lori and I were in the band Sunday night... And...I asked Lori to run over to Giant Eagle to get the flowers and some gift cards for Sunday night giveaway - but I failed to tell her that it was NOT the Giant Eagle right by the church (why not? you ask - 'cause I messed up when I ordered it...of course...). So, needless to say, I owe Lori big time - she ran all over Bethel Park trying to pick up the stuff that I ordered - was just a few minutes late for worship - then had to jump in and play... it's a good thing she loves me...



where i am at the moment: Sitting at the computer at home - it's 11:29 PM and I'm trying to get this in on Monday...


on my to-do list this week: Of course, the normal stuff - Bible Study, worship - we're tentatively planning some big doings for Pentecost Sunday... At home, Lois Scott dropped off some boxes for us (THANKS LOIS!!) and so we're packing them up, of course. I might make a trip up to Warren Wednesday evening for the coffeehouse meeting. Long drive, though... Tomorrow I double booked both my morning and my afternoon - not sure how I'm going to sort that out...

procrastinating about: Doing my Monday Update, obviously...


book I'm in the midst of: I just can't seem to get excited about Chasing Daylight - I've almost finished the Piers Anthony novel that I've been picking away at early mornings and late nights...but I'm just not in a non-fiction mood right now.


media that seemed to catch my attention this past week: I read the past week's Zits and Baby Blues comics every Monday morning (along with a bunch of blogs and a number of other websites) and I laughed out loud at this one ('cause it's so me):



grand revelations this past week: Well, it's a quote from a long time ago - but it's come up again a lot this week: We can do no great things, only small things with great love.


how i’m feeling about this week: I'm a little apprehensive about this week...oh, and the Penguins lost in overtime tonight...sigh...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye, Farewell

Back from Innovate 2007 Inspired

When (the Trivially) Wrong Is Right...