I'm Thinking About...

 ...starting up the blog again.

I began the blog in 2005 (twenty-one and a half years ago... wow...) because Bishop Bickerton challenged pastors to do so. I didn't really think much of it at the time, just a way to get thoughts "out there." Blogs are passe now, of course, with short and long form video being the much more popular way of getting thoughts into the public arena, with something like Facebook posts being the next layer. I haven't even posted anything substantial in almost a decade here...

The blog evolved into a kind of diary of thoughts and ideas and then devolved into a chore toward the end, particularly once a number of people told me they were reading it and looked forward to what was coming next. I think I started to feel obligated to "perform" and that became the distraction... 

I like the idea of the diary of thoughts and ideas, though. I was just reading back over posts from way back (I searched "pray" and dozens of posts came up, unsurprisingly) and reading them brought back some memories, some things I'd rather forget about, and a number of "I don't remember that at all and I wish I did" moments (some of the situations mentioned obliquely so as to not "name names" worked, because even I don't remember who they are).

That's what I want, though. A record of where I am right now so that in years to come I (and maybe my kids) will be able to look back and see what God has done in my life. 

So, yeah, I'm thinking about starting up the blog again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye, Farewell

Back from Innovate 2007 Inspired

When (the Trivially) Wrong Is Right...