What do I say when I don't have anything to say?

What do I do when I don't have anything to say?

I remember one time I said something stupid, just because there was a lull in a conversation (ONE time...heh, happens all the time...). I don't remember what I said, but it was just, well, stupid... I remember apologizing, saying, "You know, sometimes I say something just to have something to say..."

I've learned (or, rather, I AM LEARNING) to listen more than speak. I want to be "quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger."

But sometimes, I just need to say something to have something to say..."

The ultimate in self-centeredness? No, I don't think so. It's fear.

Silence is threatening... What are you really thinking right now? How can I know in silence?

I talk to God that way - sometimes just babbling on to have something to say because the silence scares me... I guess I want God to speak in the silence...

But what if He doesn't?

Will I still have faith?

Will I still believe?

So, I say something just to have something to say...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic