It's Official

I know that when spring comes our minds all turn to the things that are going on around us - robins singing, flowers blooming - if you're a United Methodist, then you start thinking about pastors moving.

So...I can officially announce (well, I HAVE officially announced - but this is for all of you far away)

On July 1, 2008 I will be one of the Associate Pastors at Christ United Methodist Church in Bethel Park, PA. www.christumc.net

I will be leading the 11:01 and the 6:00 contemporary/modern/non-traditional/emergent... well, whatever adjective we use... worship services.

It is difficult to leave Warren. This has been home for 6 years. Elie was born here. Rachel went to kindergarten and first grade here. This church has been an amazing blessing to us and we are so loved.

We are stepping into...well, we don't know what. So stay tuned. I know one thing for certain: God is leading us to Bethel Park so I know that God has amazing things in store for us, for Christ UMC and for First UMC in Warren.

We are excited about the opportunities ahead and thankful for all that has made us who we are.

I guess that sounds like a good-by. Nah. There's lots of time for that. That's a "welcome to our new adventure!"

Comments

Charlotte said…
Bill, first let me say, "Welcome to the Christ Church Family!" I'm looking forward to working with you, and we will be working VERY closely together since I coordinate all the tech stuff for Sunday Night. I was glad to meet you on Saturday and look forward to seeing you again and making this as smooth a transition as possible, for both of us.

Grace and peace,
Charlotte
Michael Airgood said…
Congratulations Bill. I'm very excited for you. Both of my pastors are being moved here in Toccoa. What a season of change.
Miss Emily said…
ummm, WAAAAAAAAAAAA... lol Ihope you have fun, and I also hope your blogstays more up to date when you leave! haha, email me your email adress,
myfishsgirl@gmail.com I think, if it dosnt go through tell me so I can retype it, lolz!
we Love bill Beatty hes amazinger then you!! haha... oh wait you are bill beatty, lol... byes!
Unknown said…
Welcome to the South Hills Bill!

I will be praying for you and your family in the midst of transition. If you need anything down here in the South Hills, let me know.

God's Grace,
Jeff
John Shaver said…
My prayers are with you all too and I'm really excited you are coming to CUMC! Look forward to catching up over the next couple months. Grace and Peace, John
Welcome to the South Hills and the Pittsburgh District! We will be keeping you in prayer during the transition.
Jan said…
Blessings in your move.

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic