A Week in My Life

I have too many projects going right now...that's my excuse for not blogging. I know that nobody DEPENDS on this blog to get them through the week or anything (man, how sad would that be?) but, still, I should be able to write SOMETHING once in a while...

So I'll write about being busy...heh...

This Lent has been so full of stuff.

I got to preach at the senior center one afternoon and at another church one evening. My last two Sundays have been four services with three different sermons (8AM & 11AM use the same notes - different sermon for a local retirement home and then our Breakthrough service I use yet a different sermon...). I love worshipping, so this has been a great weak for that - I've had to scale back on the "extras" for worship, though. Video editing takes way too long, for example...

This week is spiritual emphasis week for the high school kids at one of the local Christian schools (it's funny to me that there are three local Christian schools in this area - 'cause they can't agree on theology - everybody knows their way is the only right way...argh...) anyway - my mornings are being spent out at WCCS this week. Mostly I'm just the computer guy, which is pretty okay... I do get to speak on Wednesday, so I'm really looking forward to that...

Meetings tonight (from 5:30 til about 8:00 or so...) and tomorrow night (6-8 or 9)...

Wednesday is LOGOS (our afterschool program) and the Young Adult Ministry planning meeting...

Thursday both the youth and adult praise bands practice. Friday is the MercyMe concert and Saturday is a Walk Thru the Bible (Old Testament) seminar here - I'll be the A/V guy again and whatever music they want...

It's funny, except for the meetings, I'm really loving this week. It's like I get charged to lead worship or even be a part of worship, and Bible study... Even the meetings are not dragging me down like they sometimes do...

And, on top of all that, I've had the flu or something... I really just blew off Saturday. I loafed, watched Pirates of the Carribean for the first time (why didn't anybody tell me that was such an entertaining movie? heh), read a little from some commentaries and basically just tried to recover... I'm still not 100% healthy (maybe 70%...of course, how do you measure that?) but I'm feeling much better...

Well, enough whining. No great theological point today... Just a week in my life...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic