God is Here

We just celebrated a funeral service. I love having funerals at the church - it's so fitting. Surrounded by reminders of the presence of God - in our sanctuary you can almost be overwhelmed by the setting - huge vaulted cathedral ceiling, stone, stained glass, huge organ. God is here. Yes, I know that God is at the funeral home and the cemetery, but the very architecture and structure of the sanctuary says This is a place where God is worshipped. God is here.

So, Nick, rest in God's peace. It was such a pleasure to know you in life - and to know that God's presence overshadowed - and sometimes overwhelmed - you.

I hope that the setting of my funeral will be as representative of my life in faith (can you have a funeral in a circus tent? Just kidding...) - or, more appropriately, I hope that my life in faith is open and revealed...

Living in God's grace... because God is here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic