The Unexpected...

Believe it or not, we did NO work today at the Pittsburgh Project. There was a miscommunication and our homeowner wasn't home today - and the work we need to do on her house is INSIDE. So, we watched another group do siding (actually, we helped a tiny bit) and I took the kids out to lunch at Permanti Brothers (the ORIGINAL). They were unimpressed.

So, today was kind of a complete waste of time. Now, I'm not bitter about it, just a little annoyed. I really don't like it when plans fall through.

Now don't get me wrong. I know that stuff happens all the time and I have absolutely zero control over it. And sometimes the stuff that happens is really, really, I mean REALLY great stuff.

Last night Lori and the girls surprised me and showed up here at the Project. It was awesome! We hung out for like an hour and half and then they came in to worship with me for a little while. I was really feeling blue yesterday and that really took the edge off (I don't do away from my family well...just ask anybody who's here with me).

So, I'm thinking. How we handle the stuff that we don't expect tells a lot about us. I like to think I'm pretty much a "rolls with the punches" kind of guy...but sometimes...

Life is full of all kinds of unexpected things - the good, the bad and the ugly. How do we handle the unexpected.

When plans change (and they always will) how do we choose to react?

I know, that depends. Yeah, it does. I loved the surprise visit from Lori and the girls last night - but the surprise birthday party last January? Um...not so much...

So, I think we took the bad news of our homeowner's absence pretty well, all things considered.

Of course, that means that we sqeeze a whole week's worth of work into two days...

T-minus 3 days til I see my family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic