Well, Here It Comes...

A friend of mine brings me coffee once or twice a week. Just stops in my office and chats and has a cup of "Seattle's Finest" with him for me. It's a real blessing to start my Mondays off that way.

But today he handed me the cup and insted of the familiar red wrapped with brown, it's green & snowflakey wrapped with brown... What? Christmas already? I was going to give them the benefit of the doubt (you know, maybe it's a HOLIDAY cup) since the wrapper says, "Enjoy the little celebrations." But the cup itself says, "Seeing stockings filled with treats, small but sweet surprises."****

Sigh...

Well, I guess I have no real reason to complain. It just seems like we push from Halloween (which was extremely profitable, despite the economy it seems) right into the next commercially viable holiday, Christmas. Watch, the day after Christmas the Valentine's day stuff gets put out (poor January, no big-selling holidays - I guess Martin Luther King Jr.'s contributions to history don't sell very well - what would the decorations look like, anyway?).

And yet, the stores have to make money (or, um, they stop being stores...) and we (by that I mean the collective we - as in all of us - or, well, most of us because there's always a few for whom "all of us" doesn't apply, except in general terms, like "all of us breathe air" but, well, you know what I mean) we have made Christmas what it has become.

Well, here it comes...












****Here's a Christmas card I got once:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic