An Explanation, Monkey Girls and Great News

Now, I didn't mean to give the impression in my last post that there's anything wrong with our yard - or that, somehow, I hate mowing THIS yard, or whatever. It's a general grumpiness I have with anything that feels like a "waste of time that I have to do over and over again." Ask Lori how I feel about getting my hair cut or even making the bed. It's like that.

What I WANTED that to be about was "redeeming the time" - you know, praying while mowing - which doesn't make me enjoy the mowing, but my whole attitude about the process is better. I think.

Okay - that's enough of that.

Let me tell you about my daughters who can now be called Monkey Girls. There's this great week-long drama camp here in town and they're putting on the Jungle Book. Now, the girls came kind of late to that party (I think) since we just moved up here, so we didn't really expect they'd be much more than "extras" in the play. But Rachel got a speaking part (small) and had some additional lines given to her yesterday. Elie has a line or two (all the monkeys say a few things). They're doing great. Can't wait for the performance on Saturday.

GREAT NEWS - Lori got called for an interview next Tuesday. It's Middle School/High School which she's really good at, even though the majority of her work over the past 21 years was in elementary. She always has had such a great repore with the older kids. So if you'd pray, we'd appreciate it - we're hopeful for this (and it really would be the last little bit of confirmation of God's hand in this move).

So - that's all the news that fit to...um...blog...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic