Shaun King Drives Me Crazy

So, maybe you've never heard of Shaun King.  I just encountered him accidently about two weeks ago - I was getting ready for my message and I Google'd something that took me to his blog.  And right at the top was a simple question:

"What was the last courageous decision you made?"  Argh.  Haunted me for a week.  Argh...

Anyway, he's back and this time asking even harder questions.  Like, is "Sunday Worship" really even what church is supposed to be about.  Argh!!  It's what I'm good at.  We need it.  It feeds the flock.  Battery charging...for...ministry...

But.

He's on to something.

Now, if I've read this correctly, the church he planted two years ago...well, he's closing up shop and...I don't know...doing mission stuff.  Pretty bold step.  But he IS onto something...

Not that I would do away with Sunday worship - but if it's not equipping people to go out and DO on the six other days...well, what's the point?

Anyway, here's a link to his article: Five Things

And to his website (and blog link): Shaun In the City

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic