Success Tajectory

I saw this, without comment, on another blog:



Think about the truth of this image. Success is a crazy trajectory, with tons of moments where it looks like failure is immanent. I haven't read Steve Jobs' bio yet, but my good friend Ray has been giving me summaries as he's been reading through it and I'm struck by how close amazing breakthroughs are to complete failure and collapse - if not for that "one thing" that "one moment." But that "thing" or "moment" almost always comes out of hundreds - maybe thousands - of hours of blood, sweat and tears and it's probably the really the momentum of the labor, not so much the serendipitous "moment" that pushes an idea, project, technology, whatever into the realm of "success."

Then you have to define success...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic