Perhaps a Trivial Thought

I'm listening to the 77s...go ahead, I'll wait while you Google them...or Wikipedia them...or whatever...

The song is (or, was, I'm pretty easily distracted...heh) "Nowhere Else"

There is nowhere else I'd rather be
Than in your heart
There is nowhere else I wanna be
Than in your eyes
In your arms

I love the song - beautiful love song. But then I'm singing along with it and I start thinking...is that right? Shouldn't I want to be in God's heart and eyes and arms more than anywhere else?

ARGH!!

Then I come back in off the ledge (okay, it was a first storey ledge, but still...). Yes - better is one day in God's courts than thousands elsewhere, right Mr. Redman? But I have my thousands here, too - and I want to spend them with my wife. I won't appologize. She's away for the next 30 hours or so and I'm already missing her (never mind that on a normal Friday I wouldn't see her for a couple more hours anyway). And, the truth is, in this earthly life - there is nowhere else I'd rather be...

I don't want to be deep today. A trivial thought for a transient moment...

Comments

Michael Airgood said…
http://web.mac.com/
sharileighhickom/iWeb/NGUMC20young%20adult%20podcast/Podcast/Podcast.html

(broken) This is what the young adult ministry team in the north Georgia conference is doing for Annual Conference. They know a lot of their members can't make it, so they pod cast it and blog about it. Brilliant.

Not related to your blog ... but, pretty darn cool

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic