What's On Your iPod?


Man, I don't even HAVE an iPod...sigh...


So, I'm finally backing up all of my mp3s onto an external hard drive... I started it at 9 this morning and as of 2:10, it still wasn't done... I have a lot of songs... No, really a LOT of songs...


This morning while I was doing something (obviously not paying attention to my 3 year old), Elie was watching something on Noggin - I think it was Pinkadinkydoo - not sure how you spell that... Anyway, I was half listening to whatever it was she was watching - it was an episode about a girl who wants a doll - and then has to have EVERY accessory that was ever made for the doll - so many items that the doll itself gets lost in all the mess. She had the jet plane and the car and the house and the shopping mall or whatever...but where was the doll...


I realized that I'm a guy who leans toward excess (leans toward? Bill, have you seen your profile lately?)...ahem, as I was saying, I seem to have the mindset that if one is good, ten is better, and a hundred is just about enough. And I NEVER let go of anything (makes Lori crazy...).


So, I have almost 3,900 songs (3,882 so far) on my computer - that's maybe a third of my CD collection...none of my cassettes (oh, will I ever get to listen to Rage of Angels or Neon Cross again? Woe is me...). Yeah, I'm saying I probably have 500-600 cds that still aren't on my computer - and hundreds of cassettes - do I EVER listen to them? Does it matter? More is better, right? So what if I have an old Bride CD that's still in the shrinkwrap? So what if FLB never made it to the big time? I still have their cassette - right beside the Messiah Prophet Band and some old Kenny Marks. And what about Van Halen and Journey and Styx and Foreigner - yeah, I got the CDs and cassettes and I haven't listened to them in...well, years... but I won't let go.


So much like our sinful nature, isn't it? I just can't let go...


There's a lot of junk cluttering up our basement - most of it is mine. I think it's time to clean house...in more ways than one...

Comments

Aaron said…
I can't believe you were into Messiah Prophet Band.....no one knew them when they were out....far less now!

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic