Football and Elections...Strange Bedfellows

Well - I just finished watching the Superbowl. For two weeks I've been preparing to root against the Patriots. Truth is, I didn't really care who played against them, I just wanted them to lose. It's not very sportsman-like, I know...but it was the truth...

But something happened as I watched the game. I went from rooting against the Patriots to rooting for the Giants. I mean I really started to want them to win. And when they got the ball back with 2:42 in the fourth quarter, down by 4...well, I was riveted. It was, literally here, a nail-biter...

Great game. Even had the Giants lost, it would have been a great game. But I'm glad they won.

So I was just thinking.

Maybe the election will be like the Superbowl. You see, I don't really like any of the candidates - which has happened before - so I end up voting AGAINST somebody. But maybe as the actual election draws nearer, one of the front runners will actually start to look good to me. Maybe this is the year that I actually vote FOR someone...

Heh - football and politics. Can I throw religion in too? Hit all the hot buttons in one post? Heh...

Nah - Lemme just say that Manning kid's pretty good...

Now if HE would run for office... :)

Comments

Jeff Kahl said…
Bill,

Thanks for this. In this election especially, I notice that my attitude seems to be more "anti" certain candidates rather than "pro" any of them.

I am not too thrilled with any of the choices. But you're right, at some point I need to look at the positive things for which each of these candidates stands, and then prayerfully stand behind the one who (in my opinion) has the most to offer this nation.

But somehow I can't get the lingering doubt out of my mind that I will just be chooses the lesser of two (or three) evils.....

Oh well, as the old song goes, God Bless America.....and we need it!

Jeff

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic