Switchfoot Tonight...

As I'm sitting here in my office, getting ready for Sunday Night worship, the band is rehearsing Switchfoot's "This Is Your Life" and it sounds amazing.

"This is your life...are you who you want to be?"

That's a great question. And, really, it's deeper. This is your life...are you who God made you to be?

Is there a difference? Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Lori and the girls are visiting my in-laws today, so Lori came to church last night and "are you who you want to be" is an important question right now.

Lori's passionate about music - and gifted musically. But what she heard me say last night (you know, I'm not sure I even said it...but it was a God thing) was that "your purpose is not necessarily your passion." Abstractly, I believe that to be true...I'm just not sure I said it... But Lori is really drawing some direction from that because she's been wondering about purpose and passion and calling. She taught music for 21 years, did music ministry in a variety of different ways for 15 years but I have always sensed Lori's purpose (her calling - her gifting) was in making sure people feel loved and accepted.

So now she is waiting for some direction and some more calling. Maybe it'll have something to do with music again, maybe not - but the really cool thing is that she isn't looking for "something to do" or "somewhere to fit in" but she's looking to see what God wants for her.

This is your life...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic