More Lights Than You Can Shake a Stick At...

My friend Aaron is trying to blog every day in December. Yeah, puts me to shame. But I think it's a good habit to get back into, so here's another post...

Last week Lori and I took the girls to see Steel City Christmas which, if you're not familiar with it, here's a video:



Now when these videos first popped onto my radar I assumed they were faked - you know, just flash animations set to the music. But I've been to this house, tuned in my radio to 88.7 and sat with Lori and the girls in stunned awe. It was incredibly cool. If you can get to see it, go. I mean, really.

But as we were coming home I realized how skeptical I had been when I had first seen those videos on youtube. Who would really put 200,000 lights on their house and then computer control them to music? Well, it turns out, there are a number of people. But I couldn't fathom it. It didn't make any sense to me.

Is Jesus like that for some people? They just don't get it - just can't fathom it - just doesn't make any sense. Born a baby - but God?

But we who have experienced the presence of Christ - we know. But I don't think we're very excited about it anymore. I don't think we sit in stunned awe in the presence of Christ like maybe we once did...or at least I don't. And maybe if I don't get as excited about my faith...I'm not too likely to share it. And maybe someone is waiting and wishing to hear, not about 200,000 flashing lights on a house, but about the depth and passion of the love of God that I've experienced - the grace and forgiveness, the empowering and comfort, the inspiration and the hope that God has given me in Christ.

But that's not a video on youtube... I have to actually be vulnerable and open and share.

And that's not easy, even at Christmas.

Comments

Aaron said…
I stopped in tonight to see if you had blogged yet. If you hadn't I was going to e-mail you to make sure you were still alive. Merry Christmas man!

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic