Lost and Found

So I spent about 10 or 12 hours working on a video that is 1 minute and 8 seconds long. I had to learn to use a brand new program (Adobe After Effects), I had to use gimpshop to edit some still images, audacity to edit audio from 5 different sources and, of course, edit it all together into something that will, hopefully, matter... I can't wait to use it Sunday - of course most people who see it won't think it took very long - but that's okay, it's almost exactly how I wanted it to be (the one minor issue is a thin blue line where I chroma-keyed an image - and didn't get the settings quite right).

I got so immersed in doing the video, I almost missed a lunch appointment I had today with a friend - I was, of course, almost 20 minutes late. Jim knows me. He brought a book. But I lost all track of time doing the video.

There are some things that I just so enjoy doing that I can get completely lost in them - video editing being one of them (model trains and music and role-playing games being others). I'm going to be installing a video capture card on my machine this weekend - so I can dump in all the home videos that I've been promising Lori I would get onto DVD "someday." I can't wait.

But I realized how rarely I get lost in the things of God like that. To my shame and embarrassment... I can remember a time when I voraciously read the Bible - but not so much any more. When I prayed passionately and for long periods of time. It's scattered throughout the day now.

I want to WANT to get lost in the things of God.

I guess that's my prayer - and the cause of my funk the last several weeks. How to pray for passion?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic