A Whole 'Nother Week Later

Some weeks are better than others....
Things have been really hectic for me lately - and now another week goes by...

Nothing really profound to say (there's something new...). Last Friday night we went to see Bebo Norman at a Baptist church in Edinboro. It was an amazing facility. It used to be an Ames store. It was all so "post-modern" with the three video screens and the band and the giant stage - I mean worship platform... Still, except for the deer head and squirrel pelt hanging on the wall of the men's room, it was a pretty cool venue. They seem to have a LOT going on there. Bebo was pretty good. I mean, a couple of guys with guitars can only be so entertaining (unless one of them is a good storyteller - I saw Mark Shultz last year and, while his music doesn't really inspire me all that much [he's pretty good, don't get me wrong {I mean I know some of his songs and I like them well enough}, just not stuff I usually listen to] but he told a story about every song and his stories were funny and poignant and, well, really entertaining...) and Bebo was a pretty good story teller and his cohort was an amazing musician (Bebo's no slouch on the guitar - but this guy made me want to get a hammered dulcimer - and maybe an accordian...nah...).

Rachel, at five years old, was not thrilled with the concert (though we bought a disc and she says she loved it - we spent most of the concert in the back of the hall). Note to self - buy the CD BEFORE the concert so she knows the songs. Another note to self - two guys with guitars not thrilling for the average (or, in this case, amazingly above average - heh) five year old...

So, that was Friday night. Lori was at a conference, the girls were at grandma's and I collapsed in a heap on the bed and wanted to sleep until noon - didn't, but wanted to...

Last Sunday was the musical that the kids of the church worked on all year. It was pretty good. Hard to hear, of course, but the kids had a lot of enthusiasm and the message - the story about the three trees - came through very well.

I've been in a really dark mood lately. Short with my family, grumpy about work. Praying a lot...but not enough...does that make any sense at all?

Well, maybe I'll post more later...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic