A Couple of Firsts

Well, today is Elie's first day of preschool. I don't think Lori cried like she did on Rachel's first day of kindergarten (last week)...but it's a momentous occasion nonetheless.

And it was Rachel's first SICK day of the year... at 11:20 we heard her yelling for us. She was throwing up... got her settled down in clean sheets and a new nightgown...and she threw up again... So I took her downstairs...where she threw up three more times (these times only hitting the garbage can, thankfully...). The last bout was at 1:00 AM...so, since I got up at 5:45 this morning with Lori - I'm really tired... But I made Lori stay in bed last night because she has such a long day - bookended with a 45 minute drive... and I function marginally better exhausted than she does...

So - the good and the bad. Rachel still wasn't feeling very well when I left this morning... I hope that rest works this out of her. She didn't have a fever (weird)...

So - it got me thinking about the highs and lows of life - how stuff like that comes all at once. We might have 50 "regular" days in a row - and then it all comes raining down...the good and the bad... On a normal Wednesday I'd be leading worship right about now at the Christian School. But it's not a normal Wednesday. I was supposed to meet some guys about a See You At The Pole rally coming up - but somehow I missed them. I have a noon meeting today for Healthy Communities/Healthy Youth...which I've never really felt "connected" to... The whole time I'll be wondering how Rachel is feeling - wondering if Elie really IS ready for Preschool (she just turned three in July...). And beginning next week our Wednesday afterschool program begins...

...so this isn't a normal Wednesday...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic