Week One (Sort of) Recap

Well, my stuff has been in Bethel Park for one week - so, even though we went back to Warren last weekend, we've kinda been officially here a week...

Highlights... Um, Home Depot is getting to know me by wierd request, if not by name... Best Buy got a big chunk of our "stimulus" check...HDMI is still a bit of a mystery to me...

The internet here at home is flaky (or my computer is flaky - it's Vista, so...)

We have a boat load of boxes in our house...and about 1/3rd are unpacked. The bedrooms are up, the kitchen, the living room (sort of). We can do laundry, but we can't get in our back door (!!)

The church has been wonderfully welcoming. The morning we arrived to watch the movers carry in our stuff we were welcomed with a big basket of great stuff - breakfast foods, bread, peanut butter, a dozen roses, stuff for the girls to play with - and a list compiled by the staff of places to eat, get our hair cut, doctors, dentists, etc. It was really great. We have great neighbors here and everyone at church has really been encouraging and welcoming...

The girls are settling in okay - it's a big transition for them...

We went to the Bethel Park fireworks tonight. The Tayduses came down from Warren to spend some time with us - we all went up to the church for a pretty good view of some pretty good fireworks. It has been great having Stan, Kathy, Emily and Josh with us.

On the worship front, it is a real blessing that Duane (the senior pastor here, for those who don't know who I'm talking about) is preaching all the services this weekend - so that Cindy (the other new pastor joining the Bethel Park Church staff) and I can be introduced to the congregations... I can't wait to preach next Sunday, but I don't think I could have pulled it off this weekend... I can't wait to see the end of boxes (and I HAVE to find a place down here that recycles cardboard...heh, I guess I could look online...).

No deep insights (heh, like THAT'S something new) tonight...just a quick rundown of the week...

Comments

Unknown said…
Welcome Bill! Hope you are adjusting well to the busy South Hills.

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic