Internet Participation & Church Participation


Just saw this looking for something else for worship:


I was thinking about whether or not this is a representation of church, too.

90%lurkers, 9% kind of involved, 1% heavily involved...

Now, I've been indocrinated by the 80/20 "rule" (that is, 80% of the work is done by 20% of the people, or 80% of the ministry is funded by 20% of the people or...well, just about anything in ministry).

But I think, like my friend Michael has said, that 80% of statistics are made up on the spot (including that one).

I can say that I'm at a church right now where it doesn't feel like it's 90/9/1 or evn 80/20 - but we've got about 90/75 (that is about 90% of the ministry stuff is done by about 75% of the people - and the other 25% are the sometimes contributors). At least that's what it looks like from the outside - we'll see how that plays out over the next couple years...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic