They Would Be Dumb...

So here I am working at the Crossing again (Lori says they need to put a bed in here for me) and it's almost tomorrow. Three people are playing a game at one of the table - they look to be in their 20s. Third Day is on the radio, ESPN News is on the TV. How do you spend Friday Night? These late shifts aren't a hardship on me (though to close on Saturday can be harder on me - impossible if I'm preaching the next day).

Lori found out yesterday that she didn't get the job we've been hoping and praying for. We're disappointed, of course. But one really great thing came out of the wait for me, at least. Elie and Rachel have been praying differently the past couple weeks. Often we pray the Lord's Prayer - you know, I want my kids to know some of the fundamentals of faith (we'll get to the Apostle's Creed in the not too distant future, at least with Rachel). Anyway, they're praying for people now. Elie, the other day, ended her prayer (which she's been singing lately - beautiful): "And God we pray that mommy gets the job and they would be dumb not to hire her."

I agree. But they didn't.

And shortly after finding out that she did not get the job, Lori finds this in her inbox from KLOVE (a Christian radio station's daily devotional):
…For I am doing something in your own day, something you wouldn't believe even if someone told you about it.
~ Habakkuk 1:5, NLT
And Lori forwards this to me with the question, "What is this supposed to mean?"
Coincidence? Weeeeelllll....you COULD say that. But I don't subscribe to the theory that "Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous."
So, what DO we do with that? We believe that God is doing something even greater in Lori's life thorugh this... What else can we do?

Sorry about the formatting...something went crazy when I pasted in that scripture from Lori's email...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic