Save Money on Car Insurance?

So I'm watching TV and there's a commercial for car inusurance which says if I switch from Allstate to Progressive, I can save 418 dollars a year.

But the thing is, there's an Allstate commercial that says, and I quote,

If you think GEICO is the cheap insurance company, then you’re really going to be confused when you hear this: drivers who switched from GEICO to Allstate saved an average of $518 a year. Confused? Don’t be.”

So, I'm looking online at a Geico quote that suggests at least 15% savings and maybe 500 bucks.

Okay - I have Nationwide, so if I switch to Geico, I'll be down about 500 bucks a year, then I'll switch to Allstate to be down another 500 - then to Progressive down another 400...hmm, I should be getting car insurance for just about nothing now - wait, Nationwide suggests if I switch to them from a competitor, I could save 500 bucks.

So, after all this, I'm back with Nationwide and they're paying me 500 bucks a year to be insured by them...

Yes, that's ridiculous. But that's the kind of logic I see used all the time in online rhetoric. A then B then C so A is C....really?

Eh - just a little Monday afternoon rant...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic