Wrenches and stuff...

Yesterday Elie brought home a Fundraising booklet from school - they're selling little pizzas, pretzels, that kind of stuff. She and Lori flipped through it and, of course, Elie wants to try everything in there...

Later in the evening, Lori and I were watching TV, Elie was watching a movie on the computer. She came into the livingroom carrying a couple of my wrenches. She said, "Daddy, do you have more of these?"

"Yeah, I have a bunch, why?"

"Well, I can take some of them and sell them. For the fundraiser."

So, I guess she thought the booklet was stuff she was going to get if she brought in enough money? I don't know. All I know is she was scouring the house looking for saleable things (MY stuff, of course...).

It becomes so obvious when the girls don't understand something - their interpretations are often hysterical.

As we get older, we are better able to interpret things - we are more equipped to understand things. Yet we still mess things up. Misunderstandings are the cause of about three-fourths the disagreements I have with...well, just about anybody (the other quarter are caused by me being right and the rest of the world being wrong...heh - okay, not really...).

One of our church consultants said once, "When people don't know what's going on, they make it up. And what they make up is a whole lot worse than what really is."

So...I guess I'm just thinking about trying to be a good communicator today - trying to make sure that I say what I mean (and mean what I say, of course) and leave as little room for misunderstanding as possible.

Afterall, I want to keep all of my wrenches...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic