"Reality" TV

I hate reality TV (hate's not really a strong enough word...loathe...despise...abhor...detest...well, you get the picture) but this Sunday night after the Superbowl is a so-called reality show called Undercover Boss that is really intriguing me. How many times has an employee said something like "If my boss tried to do this job he'd be fired" or something like that.

I can't stand Idol or Survivor or Hell's Kitchen or whatever. I can just tolerate home improvement shows (though Extreme Home Makeover not so much) and sometimes it's fun to watch stuff like Ace of Cakes or whatever (though the "cakes" they make are about as Reality as the Simpsons). But this intrigues me - a CEO trying his or her hand at an entry level job? It can't be pretty. I bet at least one gets fired (justifiably) - I hope that it won't be too...exploitive? I mean, shows like Wife Swap are all about putting the worst possible combinations together and then watching the dysfunction play out - like watching a train wreck...

But this has some possibilities not only for entertainment, but to really see some epiphanies: you know, like a CEO realizing that some of his or her people work really stinking hard for very little money and not enough appreciation...

So, after the Saints beat the Colts (or not, it's a win-win Superbowl for me this year) I'll try to stay awake long enough to watch me some reality TV...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic