Getting Together...

I just read this post a few minutes ago (I read a variety of blogs - this one is mostly about roleplaying games) in which the blogger makes the statement:

Sometimes I feel like I belong to a generation that sits in the dark, watching The Big Bang Theory and wondering why their friends don't call anymore. Worse, we spend our time posting inane garbage to Facebook, instead of actually calling a human being on the phone to hear a familiar voice.

And I don't know how old this guy Christian is (but he likes Innocence Mission, so he's okay with me) but I think everybody under - what - 50 or so is in this category, or at least so many of the people I know who are my age and a little older and it seems like EVERYBODY younger - this is true of. Sit by myself, writing a blog, tweeting, surfing facebook, whatever - more connected than ever before, more isolated than ever before...

In the post he says something about one of his friends dropping out of the game because of personal stuff and he wishes he could drive over and grab him and make him come to the game - to which I say, do the first two - drive over, get into his life. Call. Do something.

But too often we don't. You know the Bible says that we're like a body - and when one part rejoices, the whole body rejoices and when one part hurts, the whole body hurts. But we cheer and crumble in isolation - by choice and by agreement.

Why? I have no good reason.

But I do it too...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic