Tracking Fixed? So What?

Well, I don't pretend to understand html*** but somehow I lost my ability to track how many people visit the blog. I think I've got that back up and running. I may be better off not knowing, however. No pressure then, you know?

On the other hand, there is value in knowing that somebody is paying attention. I mean, everything we do is kinda on a stage, isn't it? Mark Beeson at Granger Church said at Innovate last fall words to the effect, "If you say it - it's permanent." No, there was more to it than that - but his point was that if you say something, it doesn't go away - it'll get youtube'd twittered, texted, something'd - it's public (worldwide, even) and it's permanent.

But, in a way, it's always been like that - though not in the same way. The things we say and do don't leave, do they? I remember the day my father told me he was disappointed in me (of course, he had reason to be - I had stolen something - but I still remember it) and there are lots of things like that in all our lives, I know - but they remain - they are permanent and the effects can be very public (maybe not worldwide, but still...).

But more to the point for me - the things I've said and done - good, bad and ugly - are rattling around inside of me - and I can't let them go. Words I've said that have hurt people - hurts I've received, too - stupid things I've done and said...

But...

My faith promises that they don't have to haunt me. I've confessed them to God - I've tried to make amends to every person I could that I have hurt and or offended...'cause what we say and what we do are, in very real ways, permanent - for good or bad...

Hmm, did I really get that from my little tracking cookie? Well... probably just a rabbit trail I didn't have to go down...but I did...




**** Okay, I sometimes say I know something about html - I learned it on the fly to put together a couple of websites - but I did a LOUSY job of it...so, I don't admit it too often anymore...but since this is all about what we've said...and I've said it before...well, you get the drill...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic