A Day Off?

So - I can really tell when the school year starts...

Here comes the whining...

Today is my day off. Nominally, it's a day I get to spend with the girls (well, Elie only now that Rachel is in all day kindergarten). So - how do I spend my day off? I spent almost two hours at a meeting at the church, then Elie and I went over to Rachel's school to drop off some stuff she needs to have in the classroom - which is almost an hour round trip (including the stop at the school and a beverage stop on the way home - which I had to make to appease Elie because we didn't get to see Rachel at the school...she was really mad...). Then I get home and start empying out the pool - two buckets at a time... So, then tonight we'll have band practice and then Rachel will need to practice violin and then it will be bedtime for the girls...

Okay...enough whining...

Now, let me look at all that again...

I got to spend the morning with Elie. Then I had a meeting with three people at the church who are organizing a huge fund raiser for our youth mission project (we take kids to the Pittsburgh Project every summer and we might have as many as 50 this year...). So, I don't really have to do much of anything for this fundraiser except show up and make a few phone calls. Then, I have a job that lets me take off one day a week and is flexible enough that I can take things to my daughter at school and even be involved in her school (I help lead worship at the Christian School every Wednesday). I'm physically able to carry two buckets full of water from the pool to the street (35 times and counting...) without having: a heart attack, a stroke, etc... Honestly, I broke a sweat, but that was about it. I get to praise God with some REALLY talented musicians tonight as we prepare for 5 (yep 5) worship services in four days next week. I get to help Rachel appreciate and (hopefully love) music a little more. I get to be involved in my girls' lives at one of the best times of the day (bedtime) where we get to spend just a little Rachel and Daddy time or Elie and Daddy time. Then I get to spend some uninterrupted time with my wife.

Yes, I'll be tired when I go to bed. No, I won't get everything accomplished today that I should (or that I want to get done). But I am so blessed...

So, maybe I'll stop whining. Sometimes I have to just step back for a minute and think about what I DO have...

So, you'll hear about buckets full of water again, no doubt (of course I was theological as I carry 6 gallons of water from the pool to the street...doesn't everybody?).

Blessings...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic