Sandpeople Always Ride Single File to Hide Their Numbers...

Well, it's not snowy season yet, but I was thinking about snow the other day. Now, once the weather gets cold enough around here that cars need to "defrost," I usually get up early with Lori and clear her car off for her (heh - which usually just involves starting it and letting it idle with the heat on - but sometimes I actually have to brush the snow off the car, too...).

Anyway, when it's snowy and I make fresh prints in the snow, invariably I think of this scene from Star Wars: A New Hope (that would be Episode 4 - of course we all just knew it as Star Wars...but I digress):



So when I make tracks in the snow, I always walk back in the very same tracks (heh, I guess "to hide th[e] numbers..."). I don't know why I do it - maybe I'm just a little bit neurotic, I don't know, or maybe I'm just the uber-geek that people think I am...

But what I have come to realize is that I hold on to stuff from movies in my head for a long time. Scenes, images, dialoge... And I started to think about what kind of stuff I stick in my head - is it good for me? Is it destructive?

I never really got into slasher movies - I'm not a guy who likes to be scared - put me on a roller-coaster and I'll scream like a little girl - but I've seen a bunch of 'em - and the bloody images are stuck here in my head.

Why do I want them there?

Actually, I don't... So I don't watch 'em anymore. But I've seen them...

So what? Well, I really am a reflection of everything that comes into my head - what I read, watch, talk about, listen to, etc. really does affect me. For good or bad, I reflect what I take in. People say "You are what you eat." And that's true in every sense, "I am what I listen to. What I watch. Who I hang around with..."

Psalm 101 starts like this:

101 A psalm of David.
1 I will sing of your love and justice.
I will praise you, Lord, with songs.
2 I will be careful to live a blameless life—
when will you come to my aid?
I will lead a life of integrity
in my own home.
3 I will refuse to look at
anything vile and vulgar.
I hate all crooked dealings;
I will have nothing to do with them.
4 I will reject perverse ideas
and stay away from every evil.
5 I will not tolerate people who slander their neighbors.
I will not endure conceit and pride.



"I will refuse to look at anything vile and vulgar..." Really? Will I refuse? Sigh...maybe... But there's a great episode of CSI coming on...and...and...

Comments

Excellent; I agree and relate!
Barb said…
First time blog visitor...I love that picture of the little lamb being important enough to Jesus to be rescued~ Gives me a feeling of favor, and importance!

Thanks,
B~

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic