For the Soundtrack in My Head

Someone posted an anonymous comment on the last posting that shifted the soundtrack that runs through my head - and here's the full quote:

No his mind is not for rent
To any god or government
Always hopeful, yet discontent
But He knows changes aren't permanent
But change is.
- Tom Sawyer (Neil Peart - Rush)


There's always music in my head. It's amazing what sets it off. Our bishop was praying at annual conference last June and he prayed something about "being in the sunshine of your love" and suddenly I'm offering a dose of Cream in my prayer... Nothing unusual in that for me (and God seems pretty patient with me in this).

I wonder - my daughters seem to live in a musical. They will spontanieously sing and dance - make up songs (Rachel is now famous for having sung about toast...heh). Maybe it's genetic. Maybe a lot of people do it and we just don't talk about it.


Okay, so maybe I'm not so thrilled when I've been in the presence of someone dying and the song "Straight to Hell" pops in...but I can usually bump such songs out with something else...but it's amazing what will set off a song...

So, for the next few minutes anyway:

A modern day warrior
Mean mean stride
Today's Tom Sawyer
Mean mean pride

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic