The Wii (and Mii) Generation

Okay - we got it. We finally found one without paying 500 bucks online. Yep - we are Wii owners. Got it for my birthday.

I bowl.


Don't get me wrong, I've got other games. But bowling doesn't require me to figure out how to use the nunchuck (is that what it's called?). So, Lego Star Wars sits dormant.

Of course, we're WAITING for the release (it's been sort of promised...it really has) of ROCK BAND for the Wii. Someday. Then I will unleash my inner drummer :)

On a somewhat related note... I've been kind of intrigued by the success of Guitar Hero (on, what, III now?). If you spend hours and hours practicing, you can become good enough at the game to play...well, the game. What intrigues me about it is that if we spent that kind of time actually practicing the guitar, well, we might even become guitar heroes...
But that's not FUN (plus, every time I set up my Marshall full stack and crank it to 11 in my living room my kids tell me to turn it down...). So, I'll probably get Guitar Hero...just one more hallmark of our "I want it now" generation - even if I can't REALLY play the song, I HEAR the song while I'm "playing" along...and one day, oh yes, one day I'll hit all the little plastic buttons just right...and then I'll be a Guitar Hero...

Sigh...

I ran across this Dork Tower this morning and thought it appropriate:





Here's a full link


So - we were talking about the Wii the other day and how they seem to have hit a niche that was previously untapped in video games - families. You know, play the Wii with your kids, your grandparents, etc.


Yeah, but...

It's not like there's really a LOT of interaction - I mean, maybe in tennis or boxing or something... but most things are pretty individualistic. I played golf with Rachel. Wii golf, unlike the real thing, is pretty much me playing my game and ignoring her playing her game. No walking the fairways and talking about...well...anything. Hit my ball - wait a minute - hit my ball... I mean, at least we're in the same room together - and I DO cheer her on (even though she boos me - ah, being a daddy...). But with the Wii it's really all about Mii...

Well, check in with me later to see how I'm doing at Lego Star Wars...last time I played it I accidently light-sabered TC-14's arm and leg off... sigh...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic