The Gospel Challenge

I set out a fairly easy challenge the last Sunday of 2007 - Read through the four Gospels in January. I even laid out a plan:

Week 1 - 4 chapters of Matthew each day
Week 2 - 2 chapters of Mark each day (plus 2 extra chapters)
Week 3 - 4 chapters of Luke each day (for only six days - bonus!...or, um, 3 a day plus three...)
Week 4 - 3 chapters of John each day

Okay - not SIMPLE - and if you want to get technical, you could throw those two extra chapters of Mark onto the first day of week three and then 4-a-days the rest of the week...

Not the point...

Last night, one of our Sunday night regulars said, "Bill, I want to thank you for laying out the Gospel reading challenge. I'm almost done with John. I can't get enough. I can't stop. I have a little new testament I take to work with me and when I have a few minutes all I want to do is read about Jesus."

Several other people have told me they've "taken the challenge" too and I believe that God will really move in these people's lives - but last night I was just so in awe of the power of meeting Jesus as he really is in the Gospels. How he draws us in...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic