The Book That Never Was...

Finishing...something I don't do very well.

I started a model railroad when I was in my early twenties. Never got it along to the point where trains actually ran on the rails.

I have started to write at least a dozen books. Never finished one of them (although it must be pointed out that most of them died of natural causes - that is, they just plain weren't any good...).

I feel like most everything I do that involves any creative expression - even my sermons, these blog posts, and the like - I feel like they're just not quite finished.

Always.

I guess I'm a tweaker. I think that's probably a derrogatory term for some kind of drug abuser or something - but, of course, I don't mean that.

I just need to adjust this and fix that and redo this and...

Things are never quite done.

John Lennon, it was reported in the Beatles Anthology, never considered a song "done" until it was recorded - and then, not always (note the two versions of Revolution, for example, though I think he thought the original was "done" because he really seemed to be beating up the single version).

Heh - not that I'm in league with Lennon, or anything. But I get that kind of attitude. There's always one more re-write, one more tweak, one more change here and there.

And I'm doing it right now. I have a project that is 95% done - and I'm avoiding finishing it by writing about...um...not finishing it...

And so it goes...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic