Monday Update

Monday update

the weekend that was: My mom came down to help us pack. Friday night mom stayed home with the girls and Lori and I went to see The Soloist which is a great movie. Robert Downey Jr and Jamie Foxx are outstanding (in fact, the only one I couldn’t stand in the movie was the ex-wife who broke my suspension of disbelief a few times – not sure what it was about her performance…ah, but maybe that’s a post for another day). Anyway, Saturday morning was packing boxes and doing laundry, trimmed and mowed the grass, then I got to preach Saturday night here. It went really well. Sunday was lots of church stuff, of course. The band at both services was, again, great. I got to take Elie to Build-a-Bear with some cash grandma gave her…

where i am at the moment: sitting at my desk in my office.

on my to-do list this week: putting a couple videos together for this week and next. Sermon and Bible Study, of course. Wednesday night I’m on for our service of Prayer and Healing and there’s also a seminar on Stem-Cell Research in the evening that I’m going to be present for. Next Sunday morning there’s a class here on Heaven and Hell that I’d like to sit in on… At home we’ll continue packing up winter stuff, weeding out stuff we don’t want/need anymore – normal moving stuff. Oh, and I need to check our ducts – had a new furnace/AC installed two weeks ago and it’s not working quite right…

procrastinating about: heh, see above J Really, it’s Monday, so I’m not really procrastinating about much of anything yet…

book I'm in the midst of: Still at the beginning of Chasing Daylight. I picked up my copy of Piers Anthony’s A Spell for Chameleon (which I first read in high school) the other day and I’m pushing through that. I’m skimming through a book called Lord, Save Us From Your Followers which has some pretty good stuff to say about the Church – kind of in the vein of unChristian and Jim and
Casper Go to Church
among others.

media that seemed to catch my attention this past week: Okay, I’m not sure I can actually type this. Fernando Ortega. Yeah, yeah, I know… I’ve been putting stuff on the iPod and, since it’s there, I occasionally just kind of randomly grab some artist and listen.

Now, I know why I never listened to this CD:

I'm not even sure I bought it (there's no way I would give a CD with that cover a second look in store) – but the writing on here is pretty solid. A bit overproduced, but the guy knows melody and the lyrics are solid. This one’s going in my regular rotation (heh, how will it sit next to the Lost Dogs?).

Ten Fernando Ortega Songs on LastFM
The really famous one

grand revelations this past week: Rachel has an adult’s vocabulary – and she’s getting a good sense of humor (if I never hear another knock-knock joke the rest of my life, I’ll die a happy man) – she’s quick and witty. I see a lot of Lori in her.

how i’m feeling about this week: I’m feeling pretty good about this week – kind of a typically busy week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic