Does Anybody Else Do This?

We just watched Contact with the girls - I had forgotten how much I liked the movie* and Rachel had been reluctant to watch it - but quickly became engrossed in the plot.

But here's what happened to me.  We're about half way through, and my mind starts doing this:

Okay - so, Contact is the first contact... but, no, go back - to 2001 - no, first Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, right?  THEN 2001 (covert gov't operation - failure) THEN Contact...and then, let's see, Close Encounters is the first Visit... then 2010 maybe? - and then possibly something like Red Planet or Mission to Mars? then Moon (kinda obscure movie, but...) then maybe something like The Day The Earth Stood Still?  then, hmmm, Independence Day is the BIG invasion - but we whup them...and some survive so we lock them in District 9 - and steal some of their technology - which gets us in space - and something like Event Horizon... so then you can throw Outland in there and maybe Saturn III (remember that one? yeah it wasn't that good...).**  Meanwhile, back on earth, things are...well, dark.  Bladerunner maybe?  Or how about I Robot?  Minority Report? Johnny Mnemonic?

Anyway -  back to space - so we're at war with our space neighbors - Starship Troopers?  Enemy Mine?  Screamers?  Does Avatar fit in here?

And the Alien movies, of course...

Meanwhile, do things get worse back on earth?  Of course they do.  There's some world wide terrible event: I Am Legend, The Postman, Mad Max and The Road Warrior, The Road?  The Book of Eli? - but then things get worse? Waterworld (heheh....wait, wasn't that guy the postman?)  How about Battlefield: Earth? (we get invaded by John Travolta!!!!!!)

Whatever...you can go crazy, of course...

Does anybody else do that?  I'm stringing all these movies together in my head thinking...ooo, I want to edit together a SUPER MOVIE...

I mean you don't show the whole movies - you cut out all un-necessary stuff, and intercut - it's a massive 200 hour movie... :)

And I know I'm missing a bunch of stuff - where does Stargate fit in?  How about the Terminator series?  (The machines try to take over...maybe they succeed?  The Matrix series?)  Or do they?  I prefer "serious" sci-fi (Starship Troopers and Indiana Jones notwithstanding) in the list...  It would be awesome!

Just a little insight into how my mind works...when it works :)

EDIT: Okay, so I made a list of like 50 or 60*** movies - and even completely unedited that's only like 100-120 hours...heh...only...


EDIT 2: so... I have the list up to, I think, 65 movies - of which there's only like a dozen I haven't seen... I'm a sad, sad man...





*I mean, I remembered that I liked the movie - but it's a great movie


**I know, where's Silent Running and Dark Star and Battle Beyond the Stars and on and on?  Heck, what about Star Wars and Star Trek?  Not the "look" I'm thinking of...  The new Battlestar Galactica almost makes the cut... :)


***Yeah, maybe 60 sci fi movies...I need to get out more... you know, with my wife :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic