Personal Vision

From Morguefile
Almost a year ago I posted as a "personal mission statement":

"Let my heart be broken with the things that break God's heart."

I didn't necessarily intend that as MY OWN mission statement, though it could, and maybe SHOULD be...

And now I'm reading another book - a journal of sorts - and day two of this challenge says:

"What is your personal vision (not your business vision)?"

Um...  I can't go on with the book without answering the question.

But...

I don't know.

Not exactly.  I mean, I can speak in generalities.  But...do I have a vision for my own life?  Really?  And this isn't one of those hokey "where do you see yourself in five years" kind of things, either.  This is a core question. "What drives you?"  "Who are you?"  "Why do you do what you do?"

I'm thinking...  I don't want to answer too quickly, though I know it won't go into my permanent file or anything.  But I gotta be honest, and I want to think it through.

I HAD vision.

But lately, what's been driving me has been inertia, frankly.  I do what I do because it's the next thing that needs done.  Now that's not to say there's no passion involved or that I don't love anything I do or whatever. And this is NOT some mid-life crisis, I don't have an identity moment, either, okay?

We're talking vision for the church.  It's high time I really assess my own personal vision for ministry, too.

So I am.

I'll keep you posted...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic