Management Lessons from Star Wars?

Not my image - used without permission
So... I'm a geek, yeah, and I really like Star Wars (and, poor kid, Elie does too...).  But Forbes magazine did an article "Management Lessons from Star Wars" here.  So, it's all the stuff the Empire did wrong - focusing on people instead of institutions? Not sure I get that one exactly, but the rest I think I get.  Zero tolerance for failure, too narrow a focus on a single goal, depriving people from having "buy in" in the organization, not learning from mistakes...  I get it, I guess.  It's kind of interesting.  Cool nerd stuff, anyway.  Oh, yeah, I'm not sure I agree with his little rant at the beginning of the article - ooo, prequels suck, ooo, don't make 3-D, blah, blah, blah...I almost didn't read the article because it began with such a fanboy rant that I didn't think the rest of the article would have any kind of substance at all (just more of the usual "George Lucas killed my favorite movie by making Greedo shoot first"* junk).





And, of course, more nerdage here: How Much Would the Death Star Cost?








*Ohmygosh, when the blu rays hit, theforce.net** forums lit up with observations...and fanboy rants from page one to page six hundred eighty-seven...so far just poke around thetheforce.net fourms and see some real geeky fanboy rants...oh.my.gosh.


**Yeah, I'm THAT kinda geek

Comments

i'm your avid follower, nice story and nice blog very informative.... alfred ocampo from the philippines... derfla61@gmail.com add me on facebook and twitter. tnx

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic