"I Promise....

Poor Dog...
From Morguefile
...I won't put it on the internet."

Last words before the shutter clicks and the embarrassing picture is taken.  And, well, you know how this ends.  Of COURSE it goes on the internet.  Why else would the picture have been taken in the first place?  Who takes an embarrassing picture and keeps your humiliation secret - just a private little snickering moment between me and you, right?  But wait.  The whole world needs to see this...

I get it, I guess.  We all know secrets, and they're REALLY hard to keep - especially if they're funny or embarrassing, or embarrassingly funny...

But seeing the recent news about a Rutgers student who used his webcam to spy on his roommate, maybe intentionally, maybe not, and planned to do so a second time purposefully and invited others to watch, though the attempt failed -after which the roommate committed suicide, what does private mean?  Who do you trust?

Okay, so most of our embarrassing moments are just going to get us a little gentle kidding from people who already probably kid us about something - and maybe a few other people, but it's not really going to hurt us for the most part.  And it'll be forgotten*

How private are our lives today?  Can we even expect our lives to be private these days?  But... when you say I won't... then, well, don't.**




















*Though I kind of addressed that once before - the internet is forever
**No, nobody posted anything particularly embarrassing of me that I'm aware of.  I just had a conversation the other day with someone who showed me a pic on Facebook that the person taking it said to the person in the picture, "Don't worry, I won't put it on the internet." This from a trusted relative, no less...  And now the person in the picture is embarrassed.  Fortunately, it's just a goofy picture, not something potentially harmful...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic