EXPLODING ARMPITS - Random Thought for the Day

In an effort to blog with more consistency...

I just discovered that my spray deodorant has as ingredients both butane and propane. Talk about explosive. I'm walking around like a body builder now because I'm afraid that I might create friction in my armpits and they might explode...

Nah - but what it did make me think about for a minute was how many things we buy/use that we don't know either what they're made of or where they come from. Just what are the ingredients of a Twinkie or that Lean Cuisine meal that you bought? What kind of impurities are found in that cracked coffee mug you keep using? Who the heck puts butane in thier deodorant? Okay, probably everybody...but, do I really want to be spraying that kind of stuff on my body? It' s just so wierd...

Speaking of not knowing stuff... We recently did a radon test in our basement - and it was high (4 is considered tolerable - ours was 5.3) so we're running another test - if it's high too, we have to do something about it... I wouldn't care but our neighbor has lung cancer and I'm told he never smoked a day in his life... and radon, if I read things correctly, is the number TWO cause of lung cancer in the US... Couple that with a 2.5 year old and a 5 year old who have a playroom in the basement...well, I bet you can see where I'm going with that...

Hidden things... They're everywhere.

But, to take a theological pause, at least God doesn't stay hidden. You know - I may spray flamable gasses at my armpits and eat monogly...something or another... and not even realize it. But God makes His presence known. Not a hidden danger, but a present help (even when there is a hidden danger - you BET we're praying for our girls...). No hidden ingredients, just PURE HOLINESS. Not additives, no preservatives. Just God. Heh, like God is so simple... But His love and grace and mercy are, that's for sure...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic