Letter from a Friend

I just got a letter from a friend. No, not an email. No, not a card. An actual letter. Came in the mail and everything. Who knew such things were still possible?

The letter came at just the right time. You see, my friend is a retired pastor and part of his ministry in retirement has been to pray for me. I know to most people that doesn't sound like much, but to me, that means the world. The book of James says, "The prayers of the righteous are powerfully effective..."

So, my friend sends me this letter and - I have to be honest here, I haven't really thought much about him in a while (we live an hour or so apart - might as well be a million miles most days) and then, bam, this letter comes to me. I'd been in a bit of a funk lately (man, I'm not ready for Advent to start yet and Christmas is already over...) and just reading the letter helped me out a lot. There's something to be said for the ministry of encouragement, too...

AND, here's where it gets really wierd for me, I sent a letter back. Yep, paper in an envelope. Been a long time since I've done that (at least for a real person - I've sent some letters to companies...but that's a whole different matter).

So, thank you Jesus, for your perfect timing. In the form of a letter from a friend...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic