Sigh...

So I just read a moderate response to immigration over on Keith McIlwain's blog McIlWeb and I guess I'm now understanding Michael's ambivalence toward a moderate position. I mean, basically I agree with much of what Keith is saying, but in the end I felt like saying, "So what? Is there a position here?"

Keith, I know that's not fair - and really, it's me, not you...

Because I'm that kind of moderate. I pretty much weigh the pros and the cons and find the common ground and here's my position - as non-threating as jello...

What do I think about immigration? Find a way to encourage legal immigraion and stop illegal immigration - without too much suffering on the part of those who hav chosen the illegal route...yet just...sigh...really, what am I even saying?

Jesus - the ulitmate radical...moderate? Hmmm, maybe not so much...

Elie can't wait to have her first soccer practice. Truth be told, I can't wait for it, either. She's four, so it should be really entertaining. But every time big sister has soccer practice (heh, she's six - and THAT'S enterainment, lemme tell you) Elie pitches a fit because she wants to have practice, why isn't it ever HER turn, can't she just go out on the field with Rachel?

I want that kind of passion in my life - not for soccer (yuk), but for justice and for "the lost..." Passion...radicals have passion...revolutionaries have passion...me? I'm willing to sit and watch the world go by, I guess...

Sigh...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic