Another Book...Summarized

This is, I'm told, an amazing book.  But I'm living into the principle that Michael Hyatt who runs Thomas Nelson Publishing (the biggest Christian book publisher in the world) that "most books could be cut in half and you wouldn't miss a thing."  In fact, I believe that you could tweet most books and not miss all that much.

So here's the executive executive summary of The Five Most Important Questions:

  1. What is our mission?
  2. Who is our customer?
  3. What does the customer value?
  4. What are our results?
  5. What is our plan?

There, not so hard, was it?  That's what the whole book is about?  I get it.  You could have mailed that to me in a postcard.  I hope there's a WHOLE lot more to explain how to live INTO those questions and how to answer them in positive and successful ways.

Of course, I bet it's with the caveat - you mileage may vary - because, you know, you live/work/whatever in a while 'nother context...

But...

They are REALLY IMPORTANT QUESTIONS to ask.  Don't let my snarkiness about it being a whole book about five questions detract from that.

Can we honestly ask those questions about any organization we're a part of?  Can we answer them?  Can we live into the answers?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic