To Make Visible...

from morguefile
Did you ever read an excerpt from a book and realize you've probably just gotten the core of the whole book?

I caught an excerpt from the book Pursuing Christ Creating Art here wherein Gary Molander says three things repeatedly.

We are all creative.

Christians donʼt need to create art for God - He doesnʼt need it. Christians need to create art in response to God - Because the world needs it.
We're making visible the invisible God.

Now, I don't know if I buy all of that, but I'm pretty sure those are the main points of his book - or at least the core message.  Creativity is our response to the creativity of God - it is one that I've blogged about before a time or two.

Creativity is, in my opinion, that "image of God" in us.  Or at least it's a part of if.  How can it not be?

And it's not just the artists who are creative.  That's the problem.  That's the myth - the stereotype.

It's like spiritual gifts.  I sat in a class of new believers and said, "Every one of you has at least one Spiritual Gift, I guarantee it, I promise you - if you are a follower of Christ and the Holy Spirit is in you, then the Holy Spirit gifts you."  And they thought about miracles and prophets and speaking in tongues and said..."Not me." And even when we studied the passages and talked through things like "helping" and "mercy" and even "administration' they all went, "sorry, still not me."

Not creative.

Not gifted.

Society says so.

But God disagrees.  You are creative.  You are gifted.  You are valued.  You are more amazing than you give yourself credit for.  And don't pull this on me:




"Everybody's special is just another way of saying nobody's special."

I call foul.

Everybody's in God's image.  Everybody's unique - creative - important.

Enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic