Morguefile

I realized that I've posted lots of pictures here that say "from Morguefile" but I'm not sure I've ever said what that means.  Morguefile* is a great site with "free to use" pictures - lots of 'em - that people post.  Usually, unless I have a really strange request, or something super specific that I want, there's bound to be a usable picture on morguefile - and I don't have to worry about infringing anybody's copyrights.  Now, the people who post their stuff on that site, I think, still claim copyright - or some kind of ownership - that is, the images aren't "public domain" - but they are pretty close - here's a screen grab of the license:

**


Anyway, if you need free images, Morguefile is a pretty good place to start.









*Why "Morguefile"?  Well, the explanation page seems to be down on their site, but if I remember correctly, that's the name of the file of "orphan" pictures at a newspaper office.  You know, all the pictures that photographers took, but the paper didn't use, went into the Morguefile.  They kept them, "just in case".  Kind of makes sense to me...


**No infringement intended here, either - just a screen grab from their site...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic