Found online....
Rachel asked the other night to watch an Abbott and Costello movie and since I have the collection on DVD she pulled them out and said she'd like to watch the first one, One Night in the Tropics.

She and my nephew bounced in and out, watching the Abbott and Costello bits, not really enjoying the "main plot" so much.  It reminded me of when I was a kid.  Every Sunday after Sunday School I would go home, mom would be getting lunch ready (usually roast....mmmmm) and WPXI out of New York City would run an Abbott and Costello movie that my family would watch - and then football or baseball or some other sport if it was on.

Rachel laughed out loud several times at Lou and Bud's antics.  She LOVES "Who's on First" and they do a bit where Costello quits and Abbott pays him and the money keeps going down and they both watched raptly - and, again, laughed out loud at the end.

I warned Rachel that A & C was "stupid funny" - not necessarily the kind of humor she's used to in more modern movies.  I forgot to warn her that there would be a lot of singing* but she didn't seem to mind so much...

I hope that we'll have some traditions with Abbott and Costello, too.  I hope she enjoys more of the movies...  She really liked their parts in this one.  Buck Privates is the next one on the disc - and one of their best.  I can't wait.









*I forgot how MUCH singing...holy mackerel...  And the songs?  Not that good, actually...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic