News...Sigh...

A couple weeks ago I  kind of went off about the news being all about the salacious and titillating and sensational - and that that's what we, the general public, must want or why would they give that to us...  And today I was surfing a couple news websites and here's what I see:

Click to see all of this - Fox News.com 08-23-12


Now, granted, that's Fox News, I get it, and it's not the "headlines" per se, but it's, well, that's a lot of garbage for two lines of images and text.  Let's see... Deadly sex, Kidman getting naked, Nudity on TV... Not to mention a health threat and a celebrity threat and...geez, MS "kills" Windows Logo (I know, I know - it just means "gets rid of," but still...)

And I was this:

Click to see all of this - CNN.com 08-23-12


CNN.  Really?  THAT is the headline you're going with?  And the picture?  Sigh...

So... Is that what we REALLY want to see?  I mean, *I* don't.  I want some actual news.  Really, I do.  What's going on in Syria?  What about that train wreck in, was it Texas?

News...sigh...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic