Comic Commentary Week Deux:1

www.almostmakessense.com July sometime


This is EXACTLY how I feel sometimes when it comes to phones.  I mean, I read up a little on the technology - but I, frankly, just don't care. I want a phone to call and text.  Yes, it's really nice that once in a while I can surf out and find out what time The Dark Knight Rises is playing or check that email I forgot to print to get the time for an appointment.  But, really, I don't want to live on my phone. So, I want it to do what I want it to do.  Seamlessly* - which is what Ice Cream Sandwich is all about:



I just don't get the hoopla, I guess.  I won't wait in line for the next any product - Apple or otherwise - I'll take the previous iteration of any product that proves it works.**  I don't need all the bells and whistles when they're new...***  And I just can't get into constantly upgrading my cellphone.  When I upgraded last time to my newest phone (which was almost two years ago now), my phone was so old that I got a pretty expensive phone free (and, in keeping with the comic in this week's post - I don't even know if it's a "smart phone" - I can surf the web, does that make it smart?  I don't know...).

So - it's a phone.  I want to use it like a phone...mostly...















*Yeah, I know, get an iPhone.  I'm too cheap.


**My video editing hardware has to run on a windows XP machine.  Works great - maybe a little slow by today's standards, but do I care?  No - because I've been using it for ten years and it works great for me.


***Says the guy with the Blu-Ray player, iPod, brand new desktop computer... no iPad (or any tablet) though - Rachel has a Kindle Fire, but it's hers, not mine.  So there...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic