...And It Still Isn't Here

Man - what's up with Amazon? Does it really take a whole week to get something from Kentucky to Pittsburgh? I'd have just picked it up at Borders if I'd have known this was going to drag out like this....

ARGH!!

So, kind of caps off a crummy week anyway. Last Saturday I hit another car in an intersection downtown - I hate driving down there, and this didn't help. Not too much damage (I think) to the Pilot (Chuck, to those who really know him...) but I did a real number on the other guy's back door. I have pictures on my phone - if I could ever figure out how to get them off, maybe I'll post one...

Everything else was little stuff - annoyances, really - but frustrating. I guess in perspective, waiting for a U2 CD isn't really that big a deal either, is it? Sigh...

You know, it's funny to me how little things can really just steal my joy - a computer glitch here, a hole in a shirt or something misplaced, and I can turn into...well, somebody who's no fun to be around. Why is that?

It's a spiritual matter, I know that. Just like stubbing my toe can make my whole demeanor change (and turn me into a muttering idiot), little things that happen affect my spirit, too. And I think when I'm not as close to God as I need to be, my spirit is more easily overshadowed even by stupid little things.

Hmmm - so, maybe it's not so much that I have to practice love, joy, peace, patience...etc.... but that living in the presence of God brings those. Is that why they're called fruits of the Spirit? You know what, I've even preached that very thought - why does it seem so new again? I guess I've been farther from God than I thought...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic