An Announcement

So, I have to just share this the way it'll be presented (at least my part of announcing it) - so, here it is:

I have an exciting opportunity to move in a new direction in ministry. For some time, I have felt God calling me into a team ministry with two other pastors from our conference. Around Thanksgiving last year, God really began to impress on my heart the reality of that calling. Last month the position opened up, financing became available (pledged for three years) and the Bishop and the District Superintendents of our conference pledged their support. I will be leaving Christ church this year to pursue this new team ministry at Otterbein United Methodist Church in Pittsfield, PA. In this new position, I will be the Worship Pastor and I will direct the creative arts and technology of the church as well as oversee the church’s outreach ministries.

Please understand that while I did ask for this move, it is in no way a response to being unhappy here. I love the work I do, the people I minister with, the area and this church. I love you all and I am so thankful for the way that you have welcomed us and have made us part of the Christ church family. Lori, Rachel, Elie and I have been so blessed here, even in this short time that we have ministered with you. Being a part of Christ church has been an amazing experience and I am sure being here has helped to prepare me for this new endeavor. Saying yes to this calling from God has been one of the hardest things I have ever done. I have prayed more about this move than almost anything in my life and God has continued to affirm this calling.

I absolutely believe that God called me to come to Christ church last spring. I am equally certain that God is calling me into this new place of ministry. God calls us at unexpected times. But I know that if God is moving in this, something wonderful is in store for Christ church.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV)

Comments

PastorJim said…
I confess to being totally selfish in this, but with that being said...

Christ UMC's loss is definitely Warren County's gain.

God bless you in your new ministry!
Pastor Bill said…
Thanks Jim. We'll have to be intentional about getting together for coffee and conversation (hey, I hear there's a Christian coffeehouse going in up there :) )
Aaron said…
SHUT UP!!!!! YOU'RE COMING BACK!!!!! HOLY CRAP!!!
Pastor Bill said…
No, no Aaron - on this blog it's HOLY C***!!! Heh. Yes, I'll be on the other side of the county, but, yep, I'm coming back north.
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic